Opening a new business is no mean feat and celebrations are in order. Sending a congratulatory letter with a warm handwritten message can convey your well-wishes and express how you truly feel about this wonderful event.
The problem is that the words may not naturally come easily on how to write a congratulatory letter. Fortunately, there are certain steps to take to write a proper celebratory message. Follow the steps below to write a powerful congratulatory letter that is sure to honour that person and recognize his/her achievement.
Before you start writing, you first need to consider the tone of your letter.
What is your relationship with the person whom you’re writing to? Is he/she a business partner, acquaintance, or close friend?
For a business partner/acquaintance, you wouldn’t want to be too informal with your choice of words. On the flip side, for a close friend, you shouldn’t be too formal either.
To begin, start your congratulatory letter with a quick explanation as to why you’re sending it.
Some casual examples could be:
- “Hey [Your Recipient’s Name], this really calls for a celebration!”
- “Hi [Your Recipient’s Name], I knew it was only a matter of time that you accomplished this. This is a real job well done!”
Some formal examples could be:
- “Dear [Your Recipient’s Name], sending this card to wish you the warmest congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Dear [Your Recipient’s Name], opening a business is indeed no mean feat. This card is to celebrate your achievements.”
2. Content of the letter
Spend some time thinking and planning what exactly you’d like to write about in your congratulatory letter after completing the opening.
Allude to memories that you share with the recipient. What are some of your favourite memories? Pick out the top few to reference in your congratulatory letter.
Next, identify your recipient’s strengths and the emotions you currently feel towards him/her. What specifically do you like about the person you’re writing to?
- “I can’t believe it’s already been ten years since we knew each other. That one time when we skipped school together to play basketball? I knew we were meant to be best friends right there and then.
- “Our first encounter together was such a disaster but you managed to charm the socks off me subsequently.”
If it’s a close friend, it’d be nice to slip in an inside joke to make the letter more memorable and meaningful.
“I have fond memories of how we completed [insert project name] together. We really worked great as a team.” “Your drive and the 100% effort you put into your work shows in everything that you do. I have faith that you’ll achieve anything you put your mind to.”
Your letter needs to make sense and if you wish to sound sincere, the content should be specifically tailored to that person. It shouldn’t sound like a copy and paste job from a store-bought card.
3. Wrap it up
Reference to the future to end your letter. A couple of lines stating how successful the business will be in future will go a long way in encouraging your recipient.
Some examples include:
- “Hope your business stays busy forever and always!”
- “I wish you and your business continued success and I hope to stay in touch in the future.”
Lastly, proofread your letter so that your words are free from any spelling and grammar mistakes.
Order Official Opening Flowers To Go With Your Congratulatory Letter
It is one of life’s greatest joys to see someone you know celebrate the opening of a business. Why not send some official opening flowers along with your congratulatory letter?
As a flower specialist in Singapore, we have a range of flowers and flower stands for official openings. We provide all-day 24/7 official opening flower delivery, with free deliveries and express deliveries under 3 hours — island-wide across Singapore. Contact us at 6481 9898 to order some official opening flowers and flower stands today.